Have you seen Design Sponge’s Living In series? I love it. They draw on a film’s aesthetic for design and fashion inspiration. Sam and I read moon rabbit all snuggled up under the duvet on Mother’s Day while Daddy made breakfast. It was great. It also really got me thinking that if I’m ever lucky enough to have a little girl, I want her room to feel like she’s living in moon rabbit’s world. Here it goes.
moon rabbit’s world is full of colour but they’re gentle tones. A warm grayish lilac, peach, turquoise and a soft sea green with punches of bright pink and orange.
1. I adore the Jenny Lind crib, and not just because my precious niece dreams away in it each night. I’d have one custom finished in creamy turquoise. Jenny Lind crib from Davinci baby.
2. Ikea’s Isala cabinet would be a precious place to store a little ones wardrobe, in just the right soft lilac. €200
3. A super comfy rocking chair for all of those night feeds and cuddles, in sophisticated gray. Land of Nod, $995
4. The aptly named Honey Bun Rug in Green from Land of Nod. Just like moon rabbit’s grassy hills. $249-$649
5. The Starburst crib sheet from Serena & Lily blends the soft pink, bright pink and orange perfectly. $36
6-8. Some custom art made with the pages of a spare copy of the book would be sweet. I’d make a shadow box for sure, following this lovely tutorial, along with a few prints framed in different sizes.
9. The colours in this world map wall art are perfect. And its a nice nod to moon rabbit’s ‘seeing what’s out there’ mentality. Land of Nod, $99
10. This little lamp has long been a favourite, and has a perfect home in this room. White Rabbit England, £68
11. This little pillow is sweet and simple. Dwell Studio, $36
12. A whimsical flower mobile like this one would be perfect. I’d make one in the soft peach. From Shoestring Pavilion.
And there you have it. I’d probably add a little of the green from the rug in to the crib with a soft toy or little pillow, and the peach could come in with with a curtain or a pouf to rest tired feet. A delightful little room from a delightful little book.